There’s a new-ish yoga studio just across the river in Jeffersonville. Like really “just across” the river, apparently you’ll get to it almost immediately after you get off the 2nd Street bridge. The studio’s owner Rebecca Dye told me she opened the studio there to make it really convenient for people “no matter which side of the river you live on.”
If you live or work downtown it seems like a pretty good location for getting your yoga on (assuming of course whatever crazy road construction project of the moment doesn’t interfere). Here is some basic info about the studio:
- classes available 7 days a week
- beginner – advanced students welcomed in any class
- outdoor courtyard for classes when the weather is nice
- mats are available for new students or if you forget yours
- free bottled water for all students
- age 18 and up (but watch our website for tween/teen workshops coming soon)
- conveniently located in the Water Tower Square Complex at the end of the 2nd Street Bridge
Monday 9-10am – Hatha Yoga
Monday 6-7pm – Hatha Yoga
Tuesday 6:30-7:30pm – Hatha Yoga
Wednesday 11:45-12:30pm – $5 Hatha Lunch class
Wednesday 5:45-6:45pm – Slow Flow Vinyasa
Thursday 6:30-7:30pm – Iyengar Yoga
Friday 6-7pm – $5 Yoga Happy Hour
Saturday 9:30-10:30am – Hatha Yoga
Saturday 11-Noon w/Logan – Taoist Yoga
Sunday 11-Noon w/Jessica – Hatha Yoga
New students first class is half off, only $6!
Drop-in rate $12
5 class pass $55 (good for 90 days from purchase)
10 class pass $90 (good for 90 days from purchase)
(Passes not valid for $5 classes)
Cash and credit card only please
To introduce the studio a bit more to folks on this side of the river Sunnyside Yoga has offered up a 10 class pass to one lucky Consuming Louisville reader.
To be entered to win just leave a comment telling us either about any of your past experiences with yoga or why you’re interested in taking yoga classes. I’ll choose one winner at random from all the entires I receive by 3PM on Friday August 24, 2012.
- Contest is open to residents of Kentucky and Indiana ages 18 and above.
- The value of the 10 class pass is $90 and will be valid for 90 days from the first class the winner attends (Classes take place on the second floor of a building without an elevator).
350 Missouri Ave Suite 200
Jeffersonville, In 47130
‘Sup FTC (Disclosure)
This is not a sponsored post. SunnySide Yoga is providing the prize to winners of this sweepstakes. I’m not receiving anything from any of them and they are not receiving anything in exchange for the prize they have offered. It’s all goodwill and community love up in here.