There is so much good stuff to do around town this weekend that you’re going to have a hard time decided what to do.
First up The Grassroots Gala starting at 4PM this afternoon on 4th Street between Broadway and Chestnut.
Neighborhood and Local Partner Booths
YOUR Community Awareness Booth
• Meet Chief Steve Conrad and members of the Metro Council
• Identify your neighborhood
• “Pop Your Hood” with Crescent Hill Radio
• Make a “I My (neighborhood)” Button
“keep louisville weird” Raffle
• $5 LIBA Gift Card raffle; all prizes valued at $25 or more; prizes drawn every 30 minutes during gala
• $20 LIBA Gala Good Time Basket filled with dining and entertainment gift cards
• Purchase your tickets online! Go to www.centerforneighborhoods.org for the link
Neighborhood Street Feast – A gathering of Food Trucks
• Got It On A Bun @ Booty’s Diner, Holy Mole, San Diego Sandwich Works, Grind, Genius in a Box, One Hot Tamale, bar.b.Lou and the Louisville Dessert Truck.
“Down and Dirty” Kids’ Area with Breaking New Grounds
“Two Centuries of Black Louisville” Meet and Greet
• Hear authors: Merv Aubespin, Kenneth Clay and J. Blaine Hudson briefly reflect on their writings.
• 5 – 6 PM in the lobby of the historic Henry Clay Building ( 604 S. 3rd St.)
• Autograph session to follow with books available for purchase.
• Center For Neighborhoods’ Members ONLY event. Join today, www.centerforneighborhoods.org. Each member receives 2 tickets.
Sponsored by Rooibee Red Tea
BBC Community Beer Garden
LIVE performances by:
• KING KONG (9pm)
• Leigh Ann Yost
• John Gage
• A girl named Earl
• The Muddy Walters
• Down By The Wayside Choir
Next up is the Portland Festival
The Portland Festival (also knows as the Portland Family Reunion) is a yearly festival in the Portland neighborhood. Not only is it a celebration of our often-overlooked neighborhood and a chance for families to reconnect, it’s also a fundraiser for various neighborhood charities. This year’s Portland Festival will be June 1st and 2nd 2012 at 33rd & Portland Ave., Louisville, Ky.
Last but definitely not least is the Butchertown Art Fair:
The time for the art fair has arrived. Are you ready for a fun filled Saturday June 2nd??
Time: 10am to 7pm. Beer Garden til 9pm.
Where: East Washington St in Butchertown
What: LOCAL artists and makers.
SPOT Adoption Truck
Bike Valet (ride your bikes to the fair)
EDGE OUTREACH (bring ANY shoes for donation)
ATM on location
This is our biggest, most awesome, fantastic, exciting, thrilling art fair yet and we so appreciate you coming out and supporting the LOCAL artists and Butchertown.
The Butchertown Art Fair is longest running art fair in Louisville and is located in one of the oldest neighborhoods in Louisville.