First things first, I still absolutely adore Old Town and am very glad it’s in my neighborhood. That being said we were on Shelbyville Road and in need of booze to stock the new house’s bar and the new, gigantic Liquor Barn is kind of like a beacon that pulled us in. First impression as I walked in the door: “Wow. This is my new favorite place.”
Things that thoroughly charmed me at Liquor Barn
- Frozen kosher appetizers (plus kosher wine other than Manischewitz!)
- Buffalo Trace food products (bourbon cherry preserves? Yes please)
- Every liqueur, cordial and mixer I can imagine
- They stock my favorite vanilla! The only other place I know of in town that stocks it is Williams-Sonoma. No more trips to the mall for vanilla! So exciting.
- 5% off cases of wine everyday, 10% off cases of wine on Tuesdays
Why yes it was a Tuesday when we stopped by! We didn’t have any wine at all in the house and we’re planning a “let us show off our new house” party in a few weeks and wanted to stock up. When we were checking out the clerk said “Lucky you, you came on Tuesday and Tuesday is 10% off cases of wine day.” Lucky us indeed. I didn’t want to deprive you of that knowledge in case you too need to stock up for entertaining.